Sunday, March 8, 2015

#301 [book review] Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

this image is not mine


FIRST 5/5 STARS RATED BOOK THIS YEAR, HONESTLY.


Sebenarnya saya sebelum-sebelumnya gak seniat ini sampai nge-review di blog karena 3 buku sebelumnya juga cuma dikasih komentar dikit. I'm not good at commenting things but I can't stay silent for a masterpiece like this. I'm so glad I can read this book within my "Read at least 5 books a year" challenge. Sebenarnya udah cukup lama penasaran sama buku ini, dari taun 2012 kalau gak salah, pas seorang teman ngasih review 5 bintang buat buku ini. Tapi, I was very lazy to do thing I should've done, jadi akhirnya baru baca sekarang. itu pun pinjam dari teman karena dia beli dan udah baca dan kebaper parah.

You're not going to have lovely/cute love story as when you're reading teenlits or ordinary romance novels; here, you'll find hope and desperation yet still witty implicit romance you'd never find another way. I could say, this book wins over me when I know the most important thing being told here is about hope and the importance of living your life fully. Love's always there without even you noticing. Jojo Moyes adalah tipikal penulis yang saya suka dalam mendeskripsikan cerita, selain John Green. They both have their own way to express glorious simplicity. Kalian nggak bakal menemukan kesulitan yang berarti dalam membaca dan memahami kalimat demi kalimat karena ini bukan novel sastra yang biasanya dibaca sambil ditemenin kamus saku kalau-kalau kalian lemes liat vocabulary yang aneh-aneh (although I admit, british way of describing is great enough to make me think--their peculiar vocabularies are gorgeous). They're great in a very simple way. Pesannya sampai, tapi juga nggak murahan dalam deskripsi. Setiap bagian, setidaknya dalam satu chapter bisa bikin saya gatal ingin foto karena kalimatnya banyak banget yang quotable.

I won't tell you about the characters atau apapun yang berkaitan dengan plot ori dari novel ini, semata-mata karena saya orangnya suka ember dan takutnya malah spoiler. You have to read this when you like a story with hope as its' fundamental foundation. You have to read this when you like slice of life genre. YOU HAVE TO READ THIS EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE READING. LOL kidding. This book's too good to be wasted. First ugly cry in 2015 because of book. I don't regret it any other way.


Here are some great quotes I got from the book:


“You only get one life. It's actually your duty to live it as fully as possible.”



“Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE.”


" I conjured for him electric skies and iridescent seas and evenings full of laughter and silly jokes. I drew a world for him, a world far from a Swiss industrial estate, a world in which he was still somehow the person he had wanted to be. I drew the world he had created for me, full of wonder and possibility."


"You are scored on my heart, Clark. You were from the first day you walked in, with your ridiculous clothes and your bad jokes and your complete inability to ever hide a single thing you felt. You changed my life so much more than this money will ever change yours."






Labels: ,



Posted by Taree @ 9:57 PM. 0 Comment .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Rewind                     Home                     Fast Forward


Amigos

Arina Listyarini
Pradnya Emeralda
Zaskia Osya Denaya
Tante Inne Larasati
Shafira Anjani
Sista Tamara
Eka Wahyuni
Irham Ramadhan

Archive




Credit

Cursor by Cursor 4u. Background: x x x Powered by Blogger. Original skin by Arina and another credit from her here